We are all familiar with the process of applying for a PR Visa.
Thousands of individuals and families apply for a permanent residency visa each year.
And what are the main advantages or benefits it provides you as a candidate?
This article will learn about the essential points and requirements for obtaining a PR visa in two of the most sought-after countries: Canada and Australia. And the key benefits of permanent residency status.
What exactly is a PR visa 2021?
Permanent residency refers to a person’s legal resident status in a country or territory where he or she is not a citizen but still has the right to reside permanently. It is typically for an indefinite period, and a person with such legal status is known as a permanent resident.
Individuals with Permanent Residence status can work and live in a foreign country indefinitely.
It also provides numerous advantages and benefits.
The visa permits you and your family (if accompanying) to live and work permanently in a country.
In several cases, having permanent residency in a country entitles you to the same benefits as a native-born citizen of that country.
PR Visa for Canada 2021
Every year, thousands of people seek to become permanent residents and obtain their PR card in Canada, as it is a land of opportunity.
Canada’s number of successful applicants has been increasing year after year.
The Canadian government intends to invite 351,000 people to become permanent residents in 2021, and that number is growing!
A permanent resident is a person who has been granted permanent resident status after immigrating to Canada but is not a Canadian citizen. Permanent residents are foreign nationals.
A temporary resident in Canada, like a student or foreign worker, is not a permanent resident.
It provides the option of obtaining permanent residency.
IRCC facilitates the arrival of immigrants, protects refugees, and provides programs to assist newcomers in settling in Canada.
It also provides Canadians with citizenship and travel documents (such as passports).
Traditional PR Visa Pathways for Canada 2021:
1. Express Entry 2021
Express Entry is the swiftest and most recommended path for newcomers looking to start a new life in Canada. It is a point-based immigration regulatory system for Canada developed in 2015 by Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
The Canadian government can use this system to manage skilled worker applications who want to immigrate to Canada as permanent residents.
Aspirants with the highest points are asked to apply for PR in Canada and receive an Invitation to Apply (ITA).
2. The Federal Skilled Worker Visa 2021
The federal skilled worker program is Canada’s primary immigration program, allowing international skilled workers to settle in Canada with permanent residency to meet the country’s workforce and economic needs. It is a five-year multiple-entry visa that allows international skilled workers to work and live in Canada.
3. Provincial nominee programs2021 (PNPs)
Provincial nominee programs (PNPs) in Canada provide a path to Canadian permanent residence for individuals who wish to immigrate to a specific Canadian province or territory.
Each Canadian province and territory has its PNP crafted to the province’s or territory’s specific demographic and economic needs.
4. Family Sponsorship 2021
In Canada, family sponsorship is a method of reuniting separated families.
Several sponsorship programs are available to Canadian citizens and permanent residents who want to bring their family members to Canada. The Family Class Sponsorship Program reunites families by allowing adult permanent residents or citizens to sponsor a relative for immigration to Canada.
To be eligible, the person seeking sponsorship must be one of the following:
- a conjugal partner, a spouse, or a common-law partner
- reliant child
- Grandparent Parent
- Unmarried sibling, nephew, niece, or grandchild under the age of 18 whose parents have died
5. The Canadian Experience Class 2021
The program is ideal for temporary foreign workers in Canada or foreign nationals who have graduated from a Canadian post-secondary institution and have stayed in the country to work.
It is for skilled workers who have Canadian work experience and wish to become permanent residents.
Required Documents for a PR Visa in Canada 2021
- A valid passport
- Education Credential Assessment (ECA)
- Evidence of Funds
- Language Test score results
- Offer letter from a Canadian employer
- Provincial Nomination Certificate or territorial certificate of nomination
- Marriage certificates or divorce certificate (if applicable)
- Personal reference code
- Express Entry Profile Number
- Jobseeker validation code
- Medical report
- Birth Certificate
- Police Verification report
- Letter of recommendation from previous employers
PR visa for Australia 2021
In recent years, Australia has seen an unprecedented increase in the number of visa holders. People flock to this country for different reasons, including better job opportunities, a higher standard of living, and a clean environment.
Along with it, a five-year travel permit provide.
The holder of this travel facility is free to leave and return to Australia until it expires.
A permanent resident has the same rights and privileges as a citizen, including access to subsidized or free health and legal services.
However, unless registered before 1984, a PR visa holder does not have the freedom or right to vote in state/territory or federal elections.
Subclass 189 (Skilled Independent Work Visa) 2021
With this permanent resident work visa, you can work and live in Australia. Certain skilled foreign workers with occupations on Australia’s Skilled Occupations List may be eligible for a Subclass 189 visa. The applicant must pass a skill test and sponsors by an employer, a family member, or the government of a state or territory.
Subclass 190 (Skilled Nominated Work Visa ) 2021
This visa requires the applicant to pass a skills test and nominate by the government of a state or territory. It is a one-way ticket to permanent residency. All that requires for this visa is a minimum of three years of employer sponsorship.
Subclass 191( Skilled Regional Visa) 2021
You can do the following with this visa:
- Stay in Australia indefinitely to work and study.
- Members of the same family unit should include in the application.
- Sponsor eligible relatives for permanent residence.
- If you are eligible, apply for Australian citizenship.
Required Documents for a PR Visa in Australia 2021
- A primary applicant’s passport and the passport of any dependent applicant listed on the application are required.
- You must submit the English Proficiency Test score (i.e., IELTS, etc.).
- Report on Skill Assessment
- A copy of the birth certificate (A colour Scan copy)
- A recent passport-sized photograph (45 mm x 35 mm) of each applicant (white background, with the applicant’s name written on the back).
- Copies of all of your qualifications
- Applicants who are married must provide a marriage certificate.
- If anyone on the application is divorced or widowed, please provide necessary divorce papers, death certificates, and so on.
- While submitting EOI, you are required to provide evidence of your claimed score against the point test.
- If you include children in your application, you must provide a birth certificate for each child.
- To support your moral character, you must provide a health examination for each member of your family, as well as a Police Clearance Certificate.
- If one of the parents of a child under 18 not includes in the application, the child’s parental custody require.
- Recommendation letter from previous employers
- You must include a duly completed application form for your PR visa category.
What is the difference between a work permit and a PR visa2021?
Work Permit -A work permit is a permit that allows foreign nationals to work in a country for a set period.
Canada Work Permit 2021
- Employer Specific Work Permit – You can work for a specific employer for the period specified with this Work Permit.
- Openwork Permit- This work permit is only available to DLI (Designated Learning Institution) graduates and Temporary Residents of Canada. It allows an employee to work in any company that is not on the illegitimate list of companies for any period with fewer benefits than the PR Visa provides.
Australia Work Permit 2021
- The 482 Work Permit allows any foreign employee to work in Australia for at least four years if their employer or company sponsors them.
The Key Differences Between a PR Visa and a Work Permit 2021
A PR visa holder may sponsor other family members, but a work permit holder may only sponsor their children and spouse.
The average time to obtain a PR visa is between 18 and 24 months; however, obtaining a work permit varies from program to program.
People with permanent residency visas can stay in the country for as long as they want, but the length of time they can work is subject to renewal, relying on the category.
Work permit holders receive the bare minimum of Canada’s Universal Healthcare Program, while PR holders receive the full UHP.
Eligibility Requirements for Work Permit 2021
- It is always preferable to hire someone who has prior work experience. Because of the excellent work experience, a candidate with fewer qualifications than required may overlook.
- IELTS certificate with at least six bands.
- Other requirements adjudicate by the job description and the needs of the company.
How to get a Permanent Resident Visa 2021
Canada’s Application Procedure
You can apply for Canada PR by following the steps outlined below:
Step 1: Determine whether you are eligible for Express Entry.
Apply via the Express Entry: your occupation must list on the NOC List, and you must have a minimum score of 67 out of 100.
Step 2: Request an ECA report from WES Canada.
Step 3: Take a Language Examination (French or English or both)
Step 4: Gather all necessary documents.
Step 5: Create an IRCC Express Entry profile.
Step 6: Apply to the Provincial Nominee Programs (Optional, additional 600 points)
Step 7: Receive an Application Invitation (ITA)
Step 8: Submit the additional documents within 60 days.
Step 9: Obtain your medical and police clearances.
Australia’s Application Procedure2021
Step 1: Look over each subclass to see if you meet the eligibility requirements. Examine the Skilled Occupation List Score
In the Points Grid, you must have at least 65 points.
Step 2: Have your skills evaluated by VETASSESS.
Step 3: Take a Language Examination (IELTS, PTE, TOEFL)
Step 4: Gather all of the necessary documents.
Step 5: Submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) to Skill Select.
Step 5: Receive an Invitation to Apply (ITA) for Australian Permanent Residency.
Step 6: Within 60 days, submit your final PR application.
Step 7: Obtain your medical and police clearances.
Step 8: Obtain your Australian permanent residency visa!
What are the prerequisites for getting Canadian citizenship 2021?
To be eligible to become a Canadian citizen, aspirants for Canadian immigration must meet the following requirements.
- You must be a permanent resident of Canada.
- You Should have spent three of the last five years in Canada.
- If required, taxes must have filed.
- Demonstrate your command of the language.
- Pass a citizenship examination.
What are the various types of employment-related immigrant visas available in Australia 2021?
- Work Visa under the ENS (Employer Nomination Scheme).
- Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (RSMS) visa
- Visa for Skilled Nominees
- Independent Skilled Visa
- Regional Skilled Visa
- Skilled Manpower Scarcity
- Visa is an abbreviation for visa
- Visa for Temporary (Short-Term Specialist)
- Temporary Employment (International Relations) visa
Is it possible to apply for a work permit in Canada as a visitor2021?
Visitors to Canada are not eligible to apply for work permits. You may, however, apply in the following circumstances:
- Your parents or spouse are eligible for a legal work or study permit.
- You have a six-month temporary resident permit.
- You want to apply for a different type of work permit while you already have one.
What types of visas are there 2021?
The type of visa you need can determine by the purpose of your trip and the country you plan to visit.
Here are the most popular types of visas:
- Employment Visa
- Business Visa
- Temporary Resident Visa
- Visitor Visa
- Tourist Visa
- Student Visa
- Non-Immigrant Visa
- Medical Visa
What are the primary advantages of having permanent residency as an immigrant 2021?
As previously stated, the benefits of PR status vary depending on the country to which you are relocating; however, there are a few benefits or rights that remain constant, i.e.
Right to PR: As a permanent resident, you and your family can live, work, and study anywhere in the country.
Apply for Citizenship:
After a few years, you can apply for citizenship (vary based on country).
Automatic citizenship for children:
In a few countries (for example, Australia), your child born in the new country automatically gains citizenship if one of the parents has PR status.
Your PR status entitles you to sponsor eligible relatives to the new country.
Obtaining Social Security Benefits:
You gain access to various social security benefits, such as free or subsidized healthcare, education, and so on.
You are protected and secure under the law and legal system of the country for which you have obtained PR status.
In a few countries, the PR status has limitations as well. You cannot vote or run for political office as a permanent resident, for example. You also cannot apply for jobs that require a high level of security clearance.